Sunday, January 17, 2010

as promised: good digger performance

After dinner we were treated to a surprise when the girls that were in "Dana's Car" had a presentation....on their way home from the Audubon Reserve yesterday, they made up their own version to Dana's favorite song, "Gold Digger"...originally by Ray Charles and most recently Kanye West. This was an ode to our work on Saturday.


*the lyrics to their masterpiece are below...




she defeats the bunnies

when I'm in need

yeah she's a helpful friend indeed

oh she's a hole digger, way over town

that digs for trees


now I ain't saying she a good digger

but she's making the wetlands bigger

get down girl, go head get down

get down girl, go head get down


this morning we got up & we went to the barn

put a couple shovels under each of our arms

they said I can tell you clean by the way that you dress

so put on your boots and go clean up that mess


but I'm looking for the trees, have ya seen em?

no we ain't seen em since Katrina.


now I ain't saying she a good digger

but she's making the wetlands bigger


4 long years, 4 long years. It's been 4 whole years and it still ain't clear

drivin down the street & there's trash in the yard

pick it up girls! it aint hard

see it on tv, any given sunday

they still need our help and they need our money


so give it to em honey they need yo money

so give it to em honey.

if you aint no punk, holla we want clean-up

we want clean-up!

2 comments:

Rhonda Teague said...

Oh my, how precious!! Laurel-I can hear you giggling the entire time! I cried as I laughed over this. You women are amazing-I applaud you all!! I needed to see this and be reminded of all the good in each of us, yet for us TO GIVE!!!
So glad to call you my friend Laurel, may all of you be blessed and safe!

Anonymous said...

too precious! love it!