Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Circle time - from Dana D.

My circle felt not quite closed without the evening's sharing, so I'm glad to offer my most vivid memory from Monday. It was being with Ellis when we met Patricia. (This is not to suggest that I didn't love being with Laurel and Nala, too, of course! I thought Ellis might get with some others, as she'd been with me for each project, but she said she thought she'd just stick with me...it was kinda fun. That made me feel good. ) Anyway, Nala and Ellis had been talking to the resident of one house, Patricia, for some time, and Laurel and I made our way over there. Our younger Heard Girls were talking so nicely to Patricia, and it was obvious that Patricia really needed to connect with someone. We backed away from her house after a really long time, and as we closed the door, Ellis burst into tears. Instinctively, I started to cry, too. The moment was just too much for Ellis, and as her mother, that moment was just too much for me. Wow.

No comments: