Thursday, January 22, 2009

a deep sigh of relief

My experience from the time I left Nashville on January 16 until my return on January 21 was one I will always remember. The time I spent in D.C. with my mother, sisters and cousins will always be held in my heart as a sacred experience: never to be repeated or duplicated, only to be remembered and savored.

While in D.C., we were already talking about and slightly dipping our toes into the planning process for an annual cousins 12 to 77 service project in the spirit of President Obama's call for a National Day of Service. It is my sincere hope that this will begin a tradition of these strong Heard women coming together as a group, learning more about each other and taking part in something bigger than ourselves.

I have written more about my experience in D.C. on my blog: http://palliedavis.blogspot.com/2009/01/january-20-2009.html

I doubt that I could have said any more than Dana or Kelly already have, but I figure it's worth a shot...a chief never backs down from a challenge!

-Pallie

No comments: