Friday, January 23, 2009

Thanks, Mr. President

I drove home today after spending Thursday in Nashville with Laurel and Pallie and spent much of the 4 plus hours reflecting on the truly amazing experience of Jan. 16-20. I, my three daughters and 14 of our cousins attended the Presidential inauguration of Barack Obama. Oh my goodness, we did, we really, really did! We lived, breathed and were a part of this life changing, historical event.

I know HOPE has been a key word throughout the campaign, election and now the inauguration and because it has been so prominent and widely used, I am afraid it will become a 'fluff' word. Trust me, if you were there, that word permeated the air, was written on the face of the masses, and a part of everything that happened. HOPE!

All the previous accounts are beautifully written, absolutely accurate to the letter and I don't have any significant documentation to add. Every moment of every day was memorable, and we had a blast!!!

I would just like to say, "Thank you, President Obama. Thank you for giving us hope for peace, respect, and truth. Thank you for giving 18 cousins the opportunity to unite, learn more about each other and spend an awesome few days together as we celebrated the the beginning of a hopeful future." I am truly grateful!

Janie
61

No comments: