Sunday, January 25, 2009

in the moment

Like Pallie, I am not sure what else can be said about this trip that hasn't been articulated so beautifully and powerfully already. I am loving the reviews from each of the girls and can't wait for more!

I am the voice behind most of the reviews and pictures below and while it was extremely hard to find the time and motivation to update what we were doing while we were there, I am so thankful I did. As I read back on these posts only a few days afterwards, I can "hear and feel" the raw excitement and sentiments of what we were feeling at the time. I'm so glad we conveyed those feelings in the moment rather than waiting for a post-trip review!

We appreciate you readers who have been following our story! Hopefully it's been fun for you as it is certainly priceless for each of us to have this space as our own 'scrapbook' of the trip. I hope you were able to share in the excitement of our experience and the adventure we took on as a family. And most importantly I hope you feel that through us you, too, were a little part of this historical moment in time.

If you take anything from our words and experience, I hope you take away exactly what resonated the most with each of the "Heard Girls": Family ties are powerful, they are sacred and deserve to be nurtured. And most of all, begin to make a conscious effort to see ourselves in each other.

I stepped away from excitement of the the "cousins12to77" blog in an attempt to try and grasp the monumental impact of the trip and gather my thoughts for a review. I have posted my thoughts in two posts on my personal blog.

To read those, click on the links below:
http://laureldavis.blogspot.com/2009/01/hope-and-history-met.html
&
http://laureldavis.blogspot.com/2009/01/eight-words.html.

There are still reviews being finalized from several of the other girls, so keep checking in for more about our trip to DC and stay tuned as we will soon be announcing exciting news about the future of the Heard Girls and "cousins12to77"!

-Laurel
25

No comments: